Assessment

https://tommchenry.itch.io/horse-master

1. I am very interested in what is going to happen next, what it means to be a horse master and also frightened for the character I am playing. The writing gives just enough information on the world to keep me intrigued but still unsure of what is happening. There's also many options for the player and different ways to learn about the world, which does a great job of building a sense of discovery and adventure through text.

2. I love animals and have had pets my whole life. I can connect very easily with caring for a young animal, which adds to how strange this horse's upbringing is. Very normal things for animals in real life, like defecating on your clothes, are twisted in Horse Master like how the lining of my coat was melted. All the decisions the player can make while raising this horse are written in very human ways. I find myself not wanting to use the Electrostim Horse Apodemes because the result is written like I am lying to myself, that it does hurt my horse.

3. I think this story would fit well as on online fist-person/POV game. This medium allows the player to still make their own decisions, but the game can still limit how much the player sees. I like the pixel art used in the current game, and I think low-detail 3D would give a similar feeling. The biggest change would be the drug affecting more of how the player views the world, as it is already clear that the "Horse Master" is entering some sort of stimulant psychosis.

Comments

Popular Posts